Bad Drivers (was Re: Finally starting preparations for the move...drivers)

Mike Coleman mkc+dated+1049653317.ea6276 at mathdogs.com
Sat Mar 22 18:22:05 CST 2003

Lowell Premer <lowell at kc.rr.com> writes:
> ... I do get annoyed when sitting at an intersection waiting for a break
> > in traffic so that I can turn and some inconsiderate/lazy/apathetic driver
> > turns onto the street I'm on without signalling first and a perfect chance for
> > me to move on is squandered because I didn't know they were going to turn.
>
> This is an antisocial safety maneuver on his part; he can hold you in
> place by claiming to go straight, and so retain all options for himself
> and deny all to you...:-P

I guess I'm one of those "antisocial" drivers.  I'm so sick of other drivers
pulling criminally stupid maneuvers near me that if I have the opportunity to
coerce safe behavior, I frequently take it.  I guess I'm on my way to being a
cranky senior citizen.  :-)

On a related note, last Sunday evening I was driving back to KC from Rolla and
I passed two obviously drunk drivers, one of whom was in a semi truck.  Then,
while I was in the rightmost lane, some idiot (probably also drunk) passed me
on the right going over 100 mph, barely squeezing between me and the guard
rail.  Are things getting worse, or is it just me?

Mike