microtel Lindows box

Killerpenguins lerninlinux at comcast.net
Sat Mar 22 06:06:37 CST 2003

Walmart used to (haven't checked in a while) Mandrake boxes by this
company as well as Lindows.  I have two people asking me about these and
one of them is asking, "do I have to have a computer so I can get online
to order a computer or can't I just go into the local Walmart?".  I said
I thought they were mail order only but if this is the type of box that
you have I was wondering if you got it from the web or is it just
certain Walmarts that you know?
The reasons for this is my father is looking for one to play with and a
friend of mine who got hit with a virus, (sorry, I mistook him for
computer literate until some of the questions he asked me) is thinking
of buying one for email and word processing.  Then he will use his
Windows box for THE Windows purpose, GAMES!

Thanks
Randal

Microsoft: Proper name
     A maker of pc peripherals (see keyboards and mice) that once
dominated the pc market.