Finally starting preparations for the move...

JD Runyan JRunyan.Lists at dms.nwcg.gov
Sat Mar 22 05:19:10 CST 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 22:31, Jim Herrmann wrote:
> And what's wrong with KC, KS?  We have the fastest appreciating property
> values in the metro area.  My appraisal went up 40% this last year.  We
> are beginning to reap the pain of the new race track, and now we start
> paying for it.  But, with the exception of the first 30 blocks west of
> Missouri, there is nothing wrong with KCK.  That's no different than the
> first 30 blocks east of downtown.  I think you need to be careful about
> expressing your predjudices, when you really don't know what the hell
> you are talking about.  Fear and ignorance are the root causes of
> predjudice.  Which one do you have more of?

Dude, chill.  I grew up in Mission, KS.  The slums of JoCo, well maybe that
goes a bit far.  We affectionatly called our highschool Wyandotte South,
because we knew we has more in common with most of kids at Piper or even
Turner than most of the JoCo schools.  I didn't know there was a South JoCo
until I could drive.  My Dad spent his youth in the same house.  We spent our
time in KCMO KCK, and old JoCo.  I listen to people make some of the dumbest
comments about JoCo.  As someone who has spent 25 of my  28 years in KC, I
know that this town has some really great areas everywhere.  My Biggest
problem with KCK is that they have the highest taxes in the area, and still
don't have much to show for it.  Now that people are moving into west
KCK/WyCo that will probably change.  I certainly have some prejudices against
KCK, but they are rooted in personal experience that cannot be nullified
regardless of thier lack of general application.  I am moving next week, and
although we bought our house in Lenexa we looked seriously at western wyco.
--
A bird in the hand is worth what it will bring.