Censorship

Cory Bosley kclug at bosleys.org
Sat Mar 15 07:20:52 CST 2003

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 12:04:43AM -0600, zscoundrel wrote:
> Arrgghhh!!!
>
> If a corporation can tell you what to think, it is already too late!!

Step 1: Incorporate
Step 2: ??
Step 3: Profit by emailing zscoundrel, telling him what to think!

Yawn.

> Didn't we learn ANYTHING from the seventies???

I'm 21, so no ;)

Okay, so I'm being a smartass. Seriously, though, any person (or entity, like
a corporation) can tell you what to think. I can tell you to think that
jumping off a cliff is the best thing since sliced bread, but that doesn't
mean you are going to give up eating toast in the morning in favor of
reenacting the game Lemmings.

I agree, though, taking them off the radio is pretty dumb, and monopolies
suck in this case, et cetera. How does taking their songs (which are not
anti-war (I think)) off the radio censor their view, anyway? Even if the
government did it, it wouldn't be illegal censorship. It might be an
illegal reprisal or something, but I wouldn't call it censorship. That's
my two cents, and I'm not a lawyer.

Oh, and just to prove that I can tell you what to think: jumping off of
cliffs is the best thing since sliced bread!

*grin*

--
Cory Bosley