GSA job

JD Runyan JRunyan.Lists at dms.nwcg.gov
Fri Mar 14 05:20:27 CST 2003

david nicol wrote:
 > On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 13:17, . . wrote:
 >
 >>For those who keep getting told they are overqualified, GSA has a
postion
 >>opening available in KC,KS for an IT Manager.  I uncovered this one
while
 >>looking myself.  It appears to be a GS-14 which is at the top of the
food
 >>chain (pay scale).
 >>
 >>Information can be found at:
 >>
 >>https://jobs.quickhire.com/scripts/gsa.exe/runViewVacs
 >

 > this is of a type "binary executable" that cannot be viewed
 > with Mozilla.  Do they have an html or pdf version?

Go to http://usajobs.opm.gov for government jobs.  GS-14 is high, but it
certainly is not the TOP of the food chain.  You have GS-15 on the GS
scale, and then SAE, Civil Service appointments, Political Appointments,
and let us not forget the President of the United States.  I can assure
you, that unless you have some amazing qualifications or you already
have a GS position, you aren't getting a GS-14 position.

For those of you interested the normal pay rates are here.
http://www.opm.gov/oca/03tables/html/kc.asp

and the IT special rates are here
http://www.opm.gov/oca/03tables/SSR/HTML/999b.ASP
--
Give me a Plumber's friend the size of the Pittsburgh dome, and a place
to stand, and I will drain the world.