Jobs?

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Thu Mar 13 18:24:56 CST 2003

I don't really have any contacts with them, but I know that they make
more than just GPS units.  They were one of our toughest competitors in
the aviation nav/com market when I worked for the old King Radio
division of Allied signal.

As I understand it, when Honeywell absorbed Allied Signal, some of the
old King Radio lines were sold off to Garmin.  This may have put them in
an overstaffed position.  I have heard many stories about how well
Garmin is run, so I would imagine that they would retain and reorganize
rather than lay off.  This would make it tough to get on as there would
not be many openings.

Keep trying, Garmin has a good reputation for being well and ethically
managed, I am sure that it would be a good place to work.

--
A marble traveling at 22,000 miles per hour would strike with as
much force as a 400-pound safe traveling at just 60 miles per hour.