KDE vs. Gnome

Hanasaki JiJi hanasaki at hanaden.com
Thu Mar 13 17:51:54 CST 2003

comments on the below?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: KDE vs. Gnome
From: Johan Ehnberg <johan at ehnberg.net>
To: debian <debian-user at lists.debian.org>

Some thoughts... (gnome2, Kde3)
I myself use gnome2

KDE: good
-Better integration
-Good looking
-Konqueror inegration
-Easy to use
-Consistent naming

KDE: bad
-Arts
-Bad support in Konqueror
-DisKusting names

Gnome:good
-Easier to choose between apps (as in easier not to use Konq. for example)
-Nautilus2
-Nice applets & panels
-Gdm2 looks good
-Inconsistent naming (as in freedom of naming)

Gnome:bad
-Bad consistency in menus, settings etc.
-WM and DE not integrated
-Inconsistent naming (gtk-something, gnome-something, justsomething...
never know what uses GTK)

/johan

--
Johan Ehnberg
johan at ehnberg.net
"Windows? No... I don't think so."

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request at lists.debian.org
listmaster at lists.debian.org

--
= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =