RedHat install on Microtel SYSMAR 737 Lindows box

Mick Ohrberg mick at ohrberg.org
Wed Mar 12 22:27:09 CST 2003

Brian,

I successfully installed RH8 on a home-brew AMD K6-2/500 with 320MB RAM, an IDE disk, a SCSI disk
(rather unique Acer SCSI(AIC-7880)&Video(ATI Rage 3D Pro) combo card), old CDROM, older video
card...worked flawlessly. :)

This is a 1100MHz Duron w/ 128MB ram. The error I get? "unsupported version 0 of Verneed record"
when trying to load shared libs for python 2.2. So I try RH 7.3. KABOOM. Also blows up. I will try
RH 7.0 as a last resort. If that doesn't work...well, dangit, can't you just install gcc, Apache,
MySQL and PHP under Lindows? :)

Thanks for the offer :) I may come crawling to your door, crying, if this doesn't work out...

	/Mick