dhclient on debian

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 17:33:04 CST 2003

Hello:

I've being experimenting with a couple dhcp clients:
udhcp and dhclient. udhcp works fine but is not that
powerful. I can't get dhclient to work at all. Has
anyone used it before? If so, please help me.

I can't get dhclient to pull an ip address from the
server at all. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. This
is what my /etc/dhclient.conf file looks like:

timeout 60;

interface "eth0" (
        prepend domain-name-servers 192.168.2.20;
        supersede host-name "test_debian";
        send dhcp-lease-time 3600;
)

This is how I'm running the client:

/sbin/dhclient eth0

This command does not do anything. Please help.

Thanks in advance for your help.