Gentoo.

Rich Edelman redelman at speedscript.com
Wed Mar 12 15:36:20 CST 2003

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 09:06 am, Brian Densmore wrote:
> > > Does it come with X or do you need to download it separately?
>
> You'll wind up downloading everything basically. There is a optional
> install now that will install the binary verions of things like X and
> openoffice
> for some builds. Not sure about PPC.

The Gentoo 1.4 RC2 cd contains these extra optional packages. It's part of
Gentoo's 'GRP', which stands for Gentoo Reference Package. Included in the
GRP is OpenOffice, X, KDE, and Gnome (maybe even Mozilla). However, the GRP
will not be on all RC ISOs, and the 1.4RC3 ISO is a perfect example of that.
The GRP will be back on 1.4 Final, whenever that is released.  I believe the
GRP is available for the x86, ppc, and possibly sparc architectures.

On another note, I'm working on a 'mini-howto' of sorts regarding my last
Gentoo install, where I had a few laptops which needed to all have Gentoo
installed on them as fast as possible and all have the same config.

Rich