AIX blows its foot off

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Mar 10 16:49:29 CST 2003

SCO would also have to prove that any AIX code that made it into Linux
was SCO intellectual property and not IBM intellectual property. After
all, AIX has significant IBM intellectual property in it as well as
"Unix". After all, IBM has been writing OSes as long as anybody else has
and longer than most, and has it's own base of intellectual property in
the OS department. I am still amazed that IBM has never pursued getting
licensing fees from M$ and an overturn of M$'s  patent on Virtual
Memory. Something IBM invented a decade before M$ did. SCO has a huge
uphill battle here. One that will in all likelihood bankrupt the
company. IBM big wigs must be LTAO on this one. SCO is going to do to
themselves what no one has been able to do from outside for decades. It
could even be a great boon to the *nix world. I can see the phat lady
waiting in the wings. lol.

Brian