Ineresting the AMD 2500 is a slower clock than the 2400

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Mon Mar 10 16:49:20 CST 2003

I don't use AMD's for specifically this reason.  The VP of Marketing from
AMD and I had a discussion about this 10 years ago with the 486's.  They
wanted to call their dx2-80 a dx4-100 because the performance was equivalent
(in their opinion).  I spent a three hour lunch explaining to him why that
was wrong.  Now they're doing it with the Thunderbirds.  It's confusing at
best and misleading at worst.

the performance issue on this is a bus speed issue.  Of course a 266 bus is
going to be slower then a 333 bus.  It doesn't really matter what the
processor speed is.  All people look at is the price and the "number"
(notice I didn't say speed).

Aaron