https not supported

Jason Clinton jasonclinton at kcpipeband.org
Mon Mar 10 15:54:19 CST 2003

jose sanchez wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I compiled a new kernel (2.4.20) and evrything works
> except for when I try to access a website that is ssl.
> For example when I try to log on to my yahoo account I
> get an error message saying that "the protocol https
> is not supported". What option should I enable when I
> do make config? Or is there a module I can just insert
> in order for the kernel to suppport this protocol?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

HTTPS is a user space program (SSL). Your kernel should have nothing to
do with it. Maybe when quantum computer roll around, it will, but it
doesn't right now.

I imagine that it's your browser distribution. There are export
restrictions on certain levels of encryption. You may have inadvertently
downloaded a distro for another country. Just try downloading your
browser again.

--
Jason Clinton
I don't believe in witty sigs.