It's just not worth it...

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Fri Mar 7 05:11:29 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> Comments on the availability of Debian, SuSE, Slackware, and gentoo
> mirrors are invited.

Ouch.  It looked grim when my downloads from ibiblio.org were getting slow
as my favorite distro (gentoo) became popular.  Then someone wrote a small
application called "mirrorselect."  With the -a option, it automatically
finds the fastest mirror.  My downloads are once again routinely well
above 200KBps.

Mirrorselect picked ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu and they appear to also have
debian, slack, redhead, and mandrake.

--
"It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine