Linux ATA RAID

Steven Hildreth s_p_hildreth at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 17:36:52 CST 2003

You can do this with LVM. You cannot resize the array with the 3ware
utility without losing the existing partition.

We put each four drives on its own array (each array being RAID 5), then
LVM all the arrays together. This way we can add or subtract drives
(array at a time) via the LVM management software.

HTH,
Steven