RedHat 9 install prob!

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Sun Jun 29 19:54:23 CDT 2003

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> Quoting Duane Attaway <dattaway at dattaway.org>:
>
> > Sounds like you have a newer computer with one of the latest video cards.
>
> Or an old one that's not supported by new distros...

xf86config on my system shows 566 different card types supported and
should work with the same old equipment just like it did back in the old
days.  I haven't seen any of the old, perfectly good drivers deleted.

I'm sure commercial distributions with eyes for profits are not targeting
legacy hardware, but the simple cards of yesterday still seem to work with
the latest packages.  It would be interesting if they intentionally
removed the old drivers of yesterday just to save space.

--
http://dattaway.org