RedHat 9 install prob!

Patrick Thurmond pthurmond at kc.rr.com
Sun Jun 29 16:04:00 CDT 2003

Hey all, I am having trouble installing RedHat 9 on my second HDD
(60GB).

Every time I boot up it gets to the media test screen which you can skip
or test and I usually skip but I have done it both ways and I am trying
to use the graphical install. If I do the graphical install then once I
get past the media test screen the screen gives a little text and then
throws up a black screen and doesn't go any further.

If I do a text install it does get past this black screen and lets me
install it.

The copy of RH9 that I am using I downloaded as an ISO and burnt to a
disc. I have downloaded it twice, once back in April (when it first came
out) and once yesterday (in hopes I had a bad download or burn from the
first one). But both CDs I burnt had the same problem. Any ideas as to
why this is not going fully into the graphical install?

-Patrick