Running a small server...memory troubles...

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Fri Jun 27 22:24:19 CDT 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 09:21, Matt G wrote:
> Ok...there must be another problem.  Like before...the system grinds to a
> halt.  I can't even log in now.  (My wife is resetting the box.)

Here's a thought.  How much space do you have on the partition(s)?  If you
run out of space on the partition(s), all the processes will keep their
data in memory until it is exausted and then the system will freeze.

Which partition is /var/log on?  Daemons constantly write messages to the
log files and the partition /var/log is on could be filling up.