Running a small server...memory troubles...

Matt G linux at bizniche.com
Thu Jun 26 15:14:21 CDT 2003

Thanks for the comments so far everyone...  There is definately a
problem...my system has ground to a halt, like it does every day after a few
hours.

I did install x...but it's not running.  I'm willing to bail on RH for a
server.  All I want to do with it is run sshd, httpd, maybe a mail server if
I figure it out...for I could skip that for now.  Mandrake then?  Any
special way to install it?

Also...it is silly to install X on this kind of system...  Say I wanted to
run an instance of vncserver, and then connect up from work...maybe run
windowmaker or something small.  Or am I lame for wanting to try that?

Matt