Remote for use with LIRC

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Wed Jun 25 04:28:40 CDT 2003

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> Quoting B Kelsay <ripcrd6 at yahoo.com>:
>

>>Does anyone know someplace local that has a Lirc-compatible remote at a
>>decent price?  Have you actually used it w/ Linux, Lirc?
>

> I seem to recall that the lirc web site has hardware listed there - I'd go
> with what they list.

I was actually asking if anyplace local sold IR remotes that would work
w/ this software.  I did look at the supported hardware list, it was a
little confusing.  I only saw manufacturers and not models.  On further
examination it looks like some of the universal TV remotes will work.  I
had a spare in my basement, but it was not on the list.  These universal
remotes are normally under ten dollars.  I looked at Walmart tonight and
several models were $7.  I guess I'll have to see if I can match a
universal remote up to the site.  I was originally thinking I had to get
something specific to work w/ a PC.

Has anyone tried a remote on Linux using Lirc?
Brian