OT: Where to buy computer parts?....how to network...

Dre G. enabled at linuxjunkies.com
Mon Jun 23 15:00:22 CDT 2003

NFS would work great if the machine was always in linux BUT if its in
windows you can just setup a smbclient on the machine that your sshing
into and mount the windows shares to that box, then you still have acess
to everything, I currently have a network of about 10 boxs all of which
are linux except ONE and nfs for me has been a great thing.
I do have one printer hanging off of the windows box, I use rh's print
tool that uses smb cups to do its printing, If I can just get rid of that
one last box I will be windows free on my network and have no need for smb
(except LinNeighboorhood) <--- nice little tools just makes working with
smb sooooooooooo much easier (client side anyway) I keep that tool around
for when people come over with machines and want to share files, or I am
working on boxs at home and want to back up all of thier data before an
install or during a recovery.

I hope some of this info helps, I can be contacted on
irc.progameplayer.com #linux #linuxjunkies OR irc.freenode.net #kclug for
real time help if needed, all in all its pretty simple, smb to me is
still like the devil ;)

dre