Network usage

David Holland david at gotoacs.com
Thu Jun 12 15:23:10 CDT 2003

Somehow I doubt the output will be monitored much by management.  I deal
with a lot of medium to small business and no one has time to look.  The
things I want to be able to find is if someone is chatting most of the
day or checking out porn.  We get approached by office managers asking
if we could check a PC so see what they've been doing.  The only time
this ever happens is after the users been caught wasting time more than
once and they need proof of their activities.  I know this is "big
brother" but hey, that's what we have to do sometimes.
So it sounds like a proxy is the best utility for the job.

Thanks for the input!

   David