outgoing mail address for mutt

rod rodbrenda.2 at gbronline.com
Thu Jun 12 04:40:54 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:00:44PM -0500, lowell wrote:
>        Where can I set my address so mutt can find it? I tried it at
> the top of muttrc, but that didn't work. I'v also tried mail to send
> with and mutt receives the same bounced message w/ it...

I've got an bash variable  EMAIL that contains my the return address.
I'm not sure if that's where mutt is getting it but it is not getting
it from my ~/rod/.mutt/muttrc file.

I've have a question thae relates to mutt also. I can write a small
bach script to pull out only the return address of a selected email,
prepend "whitelist_from  " to the address, and append that to my
~/.spamassassin/user_pref file.

program looks like:

#!/bin/sh
whitelist=$HOME/spamassassin/.user_pref

echo `cat $1 |formail -r -c -x To: -s |sed s/^/'whitelist_from  '/` >> $whitelist

How do I get a multi line listing of ALL addresses in the To: field. (and CC:
that matter).
With the following I can get the list addresses but they are all on the same
line.

#!/bin/sh
whitelist=$HOME/spamassassin/.user_pref

echo `cat $1 |formail  -c -x To: -s`