You're Invited: PCI Express Technology Review - The Next PCI: An IDC Web cast sponsored by Intel

Klein, Allyson allyson.klein at intel.com
Tue Jun 10 14:51:30 CDT 2003

Good afternoon:
You are invited to join the PCI Express Technology Review Webcast hosted by David Fair, Enterprise
PCI Express Initiative Manager, Intel Corporation, with a special presentation by IDC's Vernon
Turner, Group Vice President, Global Enterprise Server Solutions.
DATE: Monday, June 23, 2003
TIME: The Web cast begins at 11 AM PT
AGENDA:
-What is PCI Express technology and why do we need a replacement for the PCI bus?
-How PCI Express technology will improve computing and communications platforms
-Benefits an IT organization will reap from PCI Express, and
-How IT organizations can prepare for and take advantage of PCI Express
-Q&A
PCI Express technology, the pervasive I/O high-speed interconnect technology will appear in your
mobile, desktop, communications, and server platforms. Awareness of this technology transition and
its pervasive effects on technology platforms will assist IT managers with planning for PCI Express
deployments.
Emerging and future computing models are showing signs that there will be significant increases in
the demand for I/O to help sustain the performance of new platforms. Server, storage, and network
form factors are becoming more dense and being powered by more powerful chip architectures.
Customers are demanding that IT systems suppliers help them build more cost effective computing
infrastructures that are highly flexible, reliable, stable, and scalable.
As a manager of IT resources, hear what opportunities are available with PCI Express enabled
systems and adapters.
As an industry channel partner, hear what the opportunities for you are as we outline the growing
eco-system for PCI Express.
Please extend this invitation to anyone in your group who may benefit from attending the webcast.
More Information and Registration
For more information about the program or to register,
visit http://www.pciexpressdevnet.org/idc/.
Please feel free to contact Paige Ziegele or myself with any questions you might have about the
upcoming Webcast. Paige can be reached  at 206-322-1167 x103 or paigez at owenmedia.com. Thanks in
advance for your time.
Kindest regards,
Allyson Klein