Firewall question.

Dre G. enabled at linuxjunkies.com
Tue Jun 3 13:34:49 CDT 2003

Thats completely up to you, While some think that you can never have to
much security the truth of the matter is if you have a good security
policy at your local gateway then opening things up a bit behind that can
make life alot easier, I dont know how complex your local network is, if
you arent going to need alot of different services and auth methods then
just for the sake of security lock it DOWN!. But If your going to need to
be a bit more flexible (like the rest of the world) and want to keep your
sanity, opening things up a bit behind the headend node (or the gateway's)
firewall is fine. You can contact me directly and I can share a bit of the
setups I run on both the public and private side of the linuxjunkies.com
network.

dre