I've had it

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 21:20:29 CDT 2003

First off, the list owner used to have member only posting and people
complained about that because they couldn't be a member at their home email
and post from work or some such problem.  Some people with small ISPs
weren't getting mail at all, probably due to THEIR admin's incompetence and
they complained about that.   What does it take to make you people happy?
I have been on the kclug list since 1998 and I don't think I've seen so much
b*tching in all that time.   If you don't like spam delete it.  Run Spam
Assassin. or use a throw away account.  I have done all of the above at one
time or another.   Not a real big deal.   Search on google and freshmeat.net
for something that answers your problem in a  way you understand.   Lots of
people have had success with those.

I just check my list archives and I found a discussion from 3/29/2000
between Mike Neulip (listowner) and Hal Duston about posting from non
subscribers.   I can provide all the messages in that thread if anyone is
interested.   Mike started this group out of nothing before I ever became a
member (in fact I've never met him) and admins it and hosts it on his own
time and with his own money.  It is what you make it.  If you have a
suggestion direct it at Hal D and Mike N via the list in a polite manner and
possibly we can have a discussion and not a shouting match over what should
be done.   Possibly some of you loud voices can actually attend one meeting
and we can discuss the merits of your ideas there.   There are a lot of you
who hang out on the list yet never come to the physical meetings.

I originally had more to say, but I'm out of steam and my kids are demanding
my attention.   So, I'll see you on the list or at the meetings or neither.
Later,
Brian

P.S.  I don't like the web-based bulletin boards for this volume of comments
as it takes forever to get through all the messages, but it does resolve a
lot of the problems you all have had.   You can access it from anywhere and
make your email address hidden in prefs.   Check out http://ilug.org , to
see the Independence LUG.