Recording problems

Apollo Apollo7772 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 19:51:52 CDT 2003

Hello, I'm having some trouble with recording sound and can't seem to
fix the problem.  My mic can be heard through my speakers but won't
record sound using Sound Recorder.  I've searched Google, ALSA mailing
list and GnomeMeeting and can't seem to find anything.  So I have to
assume this problem is so simple that I should have already figured it
out.

I've run in to this problem in XP but theres a recording control panel
that I can't seem to find is Gnome.  Is there a separate recording panel
in Gnome?  I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks