AIX Question

Brig C. McCoy MCCOYB at lindahall.org
Thu Jul 10 19:03:06 CDT 2003

At 01:21 PM 7/10/2003 -0500, David Holland wrote:
>Hello, I've been asked to determine how fast and how many CPUs are on an
>AIX server.  I done some looking at ibm.com and have only found info on
>tuning CPU use, but not how to tell what the CPU is.    Any suggestions
>are welcome.
Try checking the man page for lscfg, I think there's a -v which shows all
devices, but I don't remember if cpus would show there.

This googled page
<http://aixdoc.server.rpi.edu/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/cmds/aixcmds1/cpu_state.htm>
seems to show _how many_ cpus are configured, but not how fast or which
ones they are. :(

...brig

--
Brig C. McCoy                   5109 Cherry St
Head, Systems Office            Kansas City, MO  64110  USA

PGP Public Key: <http://www.theworld.com/~brigc/pgp/>