Getting a graduate degree

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Thu Jan 30 21:36:20 CST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Gerald Combs wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Dave Hull wrote:
>
> > Bottom line, if you come out of grad school with an MBA and no experience, I'm
> > hiring the guy with no MBA and some experience all other things being equal.
>
> Fast forward to two years after he graduates.  Would you be more willing
> to hire someone with four years of experience, or two years + an MBA?
> Just curious.

Tough question, but at two years out, the person with four years has twice as
much real world experience. I'd hire the person with twice as much experience.

Fast forward again a few years and the two years of additional experience
doesn't matter as much, say 5 years later a person with 7 yrs. experience and
an undergrad degree comes to me and another person applies with an MBA and
five years experience, I'd probably take the MBA.

This thread is not germane. I'll stop replying now... Bad programmer, no
donut.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

Aw c'mon.  I mean, who has the best prices of-the-moment, among good vendors,
pricewatch.com, and RAM-bay.com (upgrade your Furby to speak Perl!
oo-lah $\.pp+d |l  may may.)
-- Steve Nordquist,
Re: newbie Qs: Virtual Memory limits, kernel to do multimon, 10/06/99