Getting a graduate degree

DAVID KUCHARSKI dave at iemco.com
Thu Jan 30 18:01:54 CST 2003

Ben Coffman wrote:
(snip)

> Boiling it down here.  Will going to grad school increase my pay
> enough for it to be worth the two year loss of possible experience?
>
> I appreciate suggestions from anyone, especially people who have been
> through this dilemma and have some helpful insights.

(snip)
I have to agre with Bill, If you CAN stay in school, you could gain a
valuable asset with the MBA.  For many of us that wasn't/isn't an option
and might be VERY useful  as the market changes over the next few years
as you finish.  At the same time, wouldn't it be possible to GET at
least some experience as you earn the MBA.  There  are ways to gain
limited but valuable experience while going to school - check with the
schools placement center for possible internships, etc.  It COULD be a
Win-Win-Win situation 1) you get MBA, 2) you get EXPERIENCE 3) an
potential future employer gets an internally trained employee with an
MBA!  if you can find the right employer you might even get a tuition
reimbursement program to help with tuition! BONUS!!

If you CAN you should try to get BOTH!!
just my .02
Dave