IMP vs Squirrelmail

Brad Crotchett brad at ispn.net
Tue Jan 28 21:51:13 CST 2003

I tried installing IMP on a system and ran into multiple dependency
problems.  IMP seemed to be very picky about the version of everything
it depends on.  I found that I was not going to be able to meet those
dependencies without recompiling a lot of packages.  After several
frustrating hours fighting IMP and Horde, I tried Squirrel Mail.  I had
it going in 20 minutes, it doesn't need horde or a db, and it's not
picky about versions.  I also find that it is the fastest web-mail I
have used.  The base package is pretty full featured with address book,
different themes, etc, and there are many more add-on packages.

Hope that helps,

Brad