Shopping for low-cost bare-bones

Steven Elling ellings at kcnet.com
Mon Jan 27 04:43:44 CST 2003

On Friday 24 January 2003 15:41, Chris Hoelscher wrote:
> Curiosity  question - where is your favorite place to shop for barebones
> systems, locally (KC metro) or online?

I buy from Payless Computers (http://www.paylesscomputers.com/).  The owner,
Dave, is a good guy and carries quality computers and parts.  I've been
getting parts from him since about 1995 and never had any problems.  I
trust his judgement.  I built a system for my brother back in 1999 with
parts from Dave and he is still using it.  My brother has never had a
problem with the computer due to poor equipment and is still satisfied with
it.

One thing I've noticed is Payless Computers is usually cheaper than the cost
of parts and shipping off of Price Watch.  And, I don't have to wait for
the parts to arive.