Limiting bandwith

jose sanchez j_r_sanchez at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 22:46:20 CST 2003

--- Aaron <aaron at aarons.net> wrote:
> You can view bandwidth by using MRTG.  As far as
> limiting it.....  There are
> many different ways to do this.  Policy routing,
> rate limits, traffic
> priorities, etc etc etc.   Hoe exact;y do you want
> to limit it?

If I notice someone is using the network to download
mp3s and movies which slows down the network quite a
bit I would like to cut this user off the network for
about an hour or just limit them to dial-up speed
(just a thought).

Or maybe I can break or split the bandwith. Or assign
certain users with a limited bps (bits per sec).