Linux Sparc Lock-up...

Kurt Kessler kessler2k at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 05:04:59 CST 2003

I have a Sparc Clone (Axil 320) running Red Hat 6.2
and it is pulling a windoze on me here...  I have a
fresh install, and i go to change the root password
and create my user account, and it just locks up. I
reboot, and all is fine. I then opened netscape so I
can download Opera, and so I type in opera.com and it
just locks up. Reboot and all is ok. I then decide to
try Lynx thinking less strain on the system, and same
thing. Anyone ever have this problem, or know a
solution? The system is an Axil 320, Ross 100 mhz
processor, 128mb of ram, 4 gb scsi drive. I am not
getting any errors at all. It just flat locks up. I
have NEVER had a linux system do this to me, so im a
bit baffled. Any help would be appreciated.

Kurt