Open source vs. Open wife

JD Runyan JRunyan.Lists at dms.nwcg.gov
Tue Jan 21 02:13:15 CST 2003

Proverbs 22:6
Train [1] a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the
training and instruction of the Lord.

On Monday 20 January 2003 13:58, Jared wrote:
> What? Children need no MAN pages; they ARE man pages.
> Rather elegant little amplifiers: What I am, my children
> amplify back at me so loud and purely I cringe, and become a
> better person for it. They are living man pages.
>
> It's simple. Anyone with a frustrated attitude about children
> is trying to teach them instead of trying to learn from them.

Eph 6:4 above certainly lends to this thought.  You train by setting the
example, and by repetition.  You have to teach what you do not model.  I hope
my children learn from what I do, and are not exasperated by me.
--
If a President doesn't do it to his wife, he'll do it to his country.