Is this claim true, or not?

Richard Meeker rmeeker at kc.rr.com
Sun Jan 19 20:21:47 CST 2003

You may see more on the download, but the upload capability has a tendency
to be pretty slow - the equivalent to a 56Kbps to 128Kbps frame relay.  From
a good fast site, I usually see around 200Kbps.

DSL has really improved over the past 3 years when compared with cable.
Unless you absolutely need to goto cable, or cable is cheaper - stick with
what you have right now.