Terminals

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Sat Jan 18 20:50:16 CST 2003

I normally use xterm except for accessing the stupid SCO boxes at work
as if I were on a console,
for which I use RXVT since it's easier to reconfigure the key codes and
colors than xterm.  Granted,
you have to recompile rxvt to change the key codes, but it's not all
that hard to do.

Most of the other people use kterm at work, but I like the
configurability of xterm better for a general
user terminal.  Kterm is OK, it's just not as easy to set the defaults
as my 5 lines of .Xdefaults for xterm.
(which, BTW, is portable among any xterm implementation on any real OS)

Just my $0.02...

    Tony