Open source vs. Open wife

Michienne Dixon mdixon at mgakcmo.com
Fri Jan 17 19:19:14 CST 2003

<snip> Something I suspect Michienne's lady will do once they are
married. ;) Funny how much more assertive they get once they have that
band around your ... errr her finger. ;)

Brian
<snip>

lol It's getting there but she was already fairly assertive.
I think it's kind of amusing that she'll be at work, someone
ask a computer related question and she answers it.

Reverse engineering sounds interesting but I'd hate to screw-up
her source code, loose the command line, find that I can't SU to root,
and have my access authority restricted to /sbin/nologin or worse to
dev/null.
(that post had me chuckling for over an hour)

To zscoundrel:  QRM generator?

To Brad L: >she's pretty dumbfounded, though, when it comes to why I'm
continually
>working on my FreeBSD boxes and why I keep telling her that we need more!

I get that look to every time I bring home a retired M$ workstation.

To Dave and JD: I've taken to telling Cherie about my 'end-user of the day'
stories.
She's a manager also, so she can relate to people that need constant
prodding
or people that cannot comprehend written instructions.  She finds those more
interesting and sometimes responds as sarcastically as I would like to.

To Chris:  Yeah, it's nice when they can summarize what you have just told
them.
Mine is rather intelligent also.  Especially when I read an advertisement
for OS X
and started laughing at the "send all other OS' to DEV/NULL.".  She asked me
if that
was the Linux equivalent of the Recycle bin.

hehe Thanks for the stories.  It was interesting to hear about the someone
else's
take on the situation.

- Michienne