Spam collection

Hal Duston hald at sound.net
Fri Jan 17 19:17:53 CST 2003

All,

Charles Steinkuehler mentioned that he had begun saving is spam for
bogofilter training, and I just wanted to let everybody know that I have
saved over 1800 spam messages from the past year or so.  The spam is both
from the list, and sent directly to me, as well as to the webmaster
address.  I have processed it to remove most of the "Received:" lines, as
well as replaced my own/the list/the webmaster address with @TO at .  Also I
have replaced any instances of my own ISP/the list's machine name with
@HOST at .  The file tgz'd is around 8MB, so I would rather not host it on my
ISP's home machine as I am already at around 300% of the stated quota.

Hal