cluster project

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Fri Jan 17 18:07:35 CST 2003

>Can anyone tell me where we are with the cluster project we've been
>discussing around here?

We presently do have enough equipment to build a small (5-node)
'core' cluster. We can build on this as time goes by.

We need to reconcile with the fact that the email list is more interested
in the cluster than the lug meetings. When I last brought it up at
a lug meeting, we had intelligible conversation for about 30 seconds,
and then it became clear that nobody knew much about clusters.
Jonathan Hale, who had the best information there, made the
suggestion that we move forward as is, but I want to let as many
people as possible be involved.

So please everyone who knows about and wants to work on
clusters, show up at the next meeting, next Tuesday, Jan 21.
We'll have a meeting within the meeting.

Otherwise we will need to manage this whole thing online, which
will work, but have less momentum.

-Jared