Hard drives, quality

Aaron aaron at aarons.net
Fri Jan 17 17:20:06 CST 2003

There are basic costs associated with creating hard drives.  The cost of the
materials is about the same.  If they still made 40MB drives (yes, MB, not
GB) they'd be about $50 new.  Eventually you just can't go any lower.

As far as stability they'll be about the same.  However, if this is a
mission critical application, as you say stability is most important, you
should look into a SCSI solution and stay away from IDE RAID.

Aaron