cluster project

Brad Crotchett brad at ispn.net
Fri Jan 17 02:27:27 CST 2003

My time is somewhat limited, but I am still behind it.  I have been
working with mirroring servers almost to the point of clustering, and
would love the chance to take it further.

Have we decided on a location?  That seems like a natural next step.
Maybe we should follow the lead of open source and vote on a location.
Once we have that firmed up, we can set a date for a 'first cluster
meeting' where at least we nail down what needs to be done.

I was going to clip the section from a past email that listed our 3
choices for a location, but my search feature in evolution 1.0.8-10
doesn't seem to be working.  I know that my work was one of the
locations, and because of that I won't submit a vote.  Whether or not
you should vote for my location depends quite a bit on the bandwidth
needs of the project.  We are primarily a commercial ISP and our
bandwidth is very near maxed from 8-5.  If it will need a T1 (even a 512
frac) or better during business hours, we probably would not be a good
choice right now.  After 5 though, we have a huge amount of unused bw
and I am sure I could scrounge up a port in the core router for the
cluster.

Allright LugNuts, cast your vote so we can get over our excuses and get
on with this project.

Brad