On my way to KC... a little help?

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 16 06:55:25 CST 2003

I have lived pretty much all over the city, here are my observations.

Lenexa is pretty much in the middle of Johnson County, and is nice and
pretty much safe.  Shawnee is the city bordering on the north, De Soto
on the West, Overland Park on the East and Olathe on the south.  All
five Cities have excellent police forces.  Well educated, polite and
professional.

It is a good place to raise a family.  Lots of opportunity, not a lot of
problems - oh - and really great schools!  In Lenexa you will have
either Olathe, Shawnee Mission or De Soto school district.  All three
are in the top ten districts in Kansas.

Kansas City Mo.  is larger, with a lot of decent people and places, but
the City is managed by morons that HAVE to be crooked as hell, because
if they aren't they are the stupidest people on the face of the earth.

I haven't even STARTED to talk about Carol Coe yet!!!  She has
SINGLE-HANDEDLY slowed KC MO development by at least 30 years!!!  The
KCMO schools lost their state accreditation, which pretty much means
that a KCMO high school grad is not even capable of photo synthesis.

Wyandotte is predominantly more blue collar.  Most of the people are
decent.  the taxes do seem to be higher there, but they really aren't
that bad for the services that you get.

There are a lot of poorer areas in Wyandotte Countly/KCK so the cops are
pretty much overwhelmed and the city/county government is somewhat less
than sharp or up to the task, but they are probably less crooked than
the KC Mo City gov or school district.