So it begins..

Randall Randall randall at randallsquared.com
Wed Jan 15 07:32:22 CST 2003

Bill Talley wrote:
> I've never posted to the group and after this unfortunate incident probably
> never will again.  I support Jared's stance 100%.  Although their validation
> process was quite weak, apparently Logitech agreed with him also.  Read Rule
> #3 and someone please send me a keyboard and mouse.  Pay particular
> attention to Rule #5 and you'll notice anyone taking advantage of the
> promotion, including anyone defending or supporting those taking advantange
> of the promotion just lost any credibility they ever had.
>
> http://www.logitechcordless.com/rules.htm

I note that you chose to omit Rule #6. :)

"Logitech’s decisions are final on all matters related to this Promotion.
[...] Logitech reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any
individual it finds to be tampering with the promotion process or to be
acting in violation of these Official Rules. "

This indicates clearly that shipping the mice and keyboards constitutes
a final decision from Logitech that those who asked for more than one
were not disqualified.  It isn't as if they didn't know.  Logitech chose
to waive Rule #3.  Why they chose to do so, we don't know, but we do know
that they did so.

In any case, I think this is pretty clear, and I'm going to stop replying.
At this point, I'd like one of those keyboards myself. I tried for about 5
minutes to get one on that day, then gave up. :)

--
Randall Randall <randall at randallsquared.com>
"[The] poetic justice of cause and effect compels