RR WiFi Was: RR dialup

Patrick Miller pert at ygbd.tas-kc.com
Wed Jan 15 02:20:16 CST 2003

Don't worry they will never do it. Wanna start a petition? Sunflower would
be the company to try this first if the modems were available--after all,
they are already offering voice service.

Heck TW isn't even doing telephone over cable and that takes 3 Khz according
to the article in the original post. I don't know if that is digitally
enhanced voice (5-10 kbps) or analog (56 kbps) over cable (Digitally you can
carry hundreds of voice channels on a t-1--Ascend's white paper from before
they were bought by Lucent).

Interesting thing to note Telecom's t-1 is supposedly a 6.176 Mhz service
yielding 1.544 Mbps. Cable modems get 40+ Mbps on a 6 Mhz channel
when a t1 only gets 1.544, and ADSL gets 6 megs down in the area between 138
& 1104 kHz. I guess half of it is used to get from end to end.