So it begins..

Lucas Peet sirsky at lucastek.com
Tue Jan 14 21:22:06 CST 2003

Sheesh!  What an explosion on the list!?  Talking about ethics and what
not, there's nothing wrong with being able to take advantage of an
opportunity like that, I was just bummed that I wasn't able to get one -
kudos to those who did, and even more kudos to those who got more!

Doubtless those who were able to get more than one did not necessarily
get them for themselves, rather, they were able to get more for friends
and family who may not have known about it and weren't able to take
advantage of it themselves!

Jeez!  They're GIVING THEM AWAY!  There was nowhere posted a sign or
anything that says 'Take One Please'.  Even so, that could have been
taken as 'Take one for yourself, feel free to take more for your
friends!'

It's a marketing thing - the more product they're able to get on
people's desktops, the more they'll be able to sell, once the people who
have them see the quality of the product, they'll go BUY more Logitech
products - mice and keyboards, joysticks, etc...

Logitech doesn't care who 'takes' them, they just want their product out
there - they're taking the first step, instead of waiting for the
consumer to shell out $50 for it themselves.

The only problem I see in this is that people are listing them on Ebay,
trying to make a buck.  I mean, take 'em if you're going to use them, or
give them to someone who would...but trying to make a profit on it was
not the point of the giveaway.

It's not a question of ethics or 'thievery' or whatever - please, we're
not here to be preached at about ethics, morals, or whatever.  We're
here to talk about Linux, not push personal beliefs or feelings on
others, so just freakin' STOP IT already!!!  I'm SICK of it!

-Lucas