frontpage apache question

Dale dale_n_ks at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 12:19:34 CST 2003

This is true.. but it has to be a server side problem
since the exact same pages on a server running 2K
server works fine.
Therefore I need to get the scripts running on a Linux
box so I can get rid of the yucky windows box.

> Before we get too far into trying to solve a
> JavaScript problem
> with a Java manual, let's clarify things.
>
> Java and JavaScript are quite different from each
> other.
>
> Java is typically a server side application,
> requiring
> a client-side plug-in to work in any browser.
>
> JavaScript is typically a client side application,
> built in
> to all browsers since 1994 as a way of rendering
> HTML
> document objects. This is called DHTML.
>
> Thus your problem with "Apache not serving .js
> files"
> is probably not an Apache problem, since Apache's
> only relationship with .js is like any other simple
> text file;
> basically, if Apache is working at all, it's able to
> serve
> js files.
>
> Therefore, look at your Frontpage or browser
> settings
> to see why .js is not working.
>
> -Jared
>

> majordomo at kclug.org
> Enter without the quotes in body of message

=====
  |     The only possible interpretation of any       |
  |     research whatever in the "social sciences"  |
  |     is: some do, some don't.                            |
  |      -Ernest Rutherford                                   |