What to do?

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Mon Jan 13 23:27:02 CST 2003

As an EMT working for an organization, you SHOULD have been protected by
the liability insurance of the org. you worked for. (Township, City,
State, Fire Dept, or Ambulance Co.)  If not, then it was foolish to not
have some type of liability insurance.  Most professional have some type
of coverage, Doctors have malpractice insurance.  Even Real Estate
agents have E & O (Errors and Omissions) insurance.

If you are a home owner, you have some personal liability coverage in
your policy, even most of the renters policies have something like that.

If you feel the need to inform then, have at it.  All of the amateur
advice I have seen was of the 'be careful' variety.  The reason is
safety.  It is pretty foolish to go near a bees nest unless you want the
honey badly enough to risk getting stung.