Honeypots

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Sun Jan 12 17:20:57 CST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Tony Zafiropoulos wrote:

> I am curious as to what you have found out...  from your listening
> sessions. Not sure if you want to publicly answer, but I would be
> interested in this.
>
> How much war driving actually occurs???  In general if not specific.

Its really sad.  With all the hype about wardriving, you'd think everyone
and their brother is doing it.  Not one connection logged so far.

There might be a lot of listening.  Promiscuous mode does not transmit.
Only receive.  I cannot detect when someone has their ears open.

Last night I checked my antenna to see if something was wrong.  Looked
good.  Ended up renaming my ssid "honeypot" to see if anyone will bite.
Maybe if I had a database running, people would connect...

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150