Free Sprint PCS phone (Not Spam)

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Fri Jan 10 19:00:58 CST 2003

I got the explanation e-mail a minute ago.

<snip>

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We are writing regarding your recent order for a cell phone which was
placed through a link on an Amazon.com Associate web site.  If you
have already written to us regarding this order, please note that you
will not receive a separate response.

Due to a technical error, the phone(s) you ordered had been mistakenly
displayed with a price of $0.00:

"PCS Phone Handspring Treo 300 (Sprint)"

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we are unable to
offer this item(s) for the incorrectly displayed price.  Therefore, we
have cancelled your order for the phone(s).  We sincerely apologize
for any inconvenience.

Because of the additional information required to process orders for
cell phones and service, at this time we are unable to offer the
option to order this phone through an Associates site.  However, you
are welcome to place a new order for this phone by visiting our web
site:

http://www.amazon.com/cellphones

Please note that service plans vary in price by both carrier and
geographic location, and phones vary in price based upon the service
plan with which they are combined.  Without a service plan, the cell
phone's price will be more expensive than a phone with a service plan.

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address
that cannot accept incoming e-mail.  Please do not reply to this
message.

Again, we regret any inconvenience this may have caused.  We value
your business and hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com